Monday, October 16, 2017

After Much Thought.......

So let me first start off by saying that I am very touched  at the countless comments & emails that I received when I announced that I would be closing down the site for a while. I always knew that there were many, many people out there that enjoyed the site mainly because of the page views but since it is usually just a tiny number of folks that actually comment regularly I just assumed most where folks that just came and took what they wanted and didn't really care about much else.

Thanks for caring about the site. As I mentioned before a few months back, my whole intention here was to create a site the catered to the heady jamband scene and other related genres. I never had a place like this when I would search for music like this back in the day. Since I have or have access to everything that I could want I thought I would start this blog to share some of it with like minded ppl.

So...... 4 days now after I made the announcement I was shutting down I checked the MEGA folder where I posted that last major drop and it appears that not a single show has been flagged or deleted. This actually confirms in my opinion what I had assumed all along. That it was "someone" reporting my links to MEGA. After this person saw that he essential pissed in his own well for lack of a better term and his free ride was over he saw the error in his ways and stopped.

I'm not going to applaud you whoever you are for stopping and I would still give you a piece of my mind if I knew who you were. You have not done me any favor by stopping, you have just reinforced my thoughts of what type of person you are, someone who only cares about his/herself. Once you saw you would be out of all of this you had a change of heart. Let this be a lesson to you and plz think before you act so selfishly in the future, primarily in the real word & in real life.

It now appears that we are in the clear for the time being so I will not be closing down the site like I had planned on doing so today. If things change in the future I will do so but for now it appears that we can continue with our little oasis.

Oh one last thing........tons of you came out of the woodwork over these past few days to show love & concern, don't y'all disappear again on me now. Lol. Comment, say hi, or whatever, its nice for everyone not just me to see who is all out there :)

Take Care,
Jooge


Happy Elmo animated emoticonSmoking banana animated emoticon  Smoking rasta dancing banana animated emoticon  Banana with dreadlocks animated emoticon

71 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Out of curiosity where is it that you DO get all this stuff? Just discovered this site a couple months ago and hadn't gotten much of a chance to explore it much so I was bummed when I saw you were closing it down. Interested in where you're able to get all the goodies though!

      Delete
    2. Haha. Just wondering because I'd love to check it out if possible!

      Delete
  2. Thx brother for your continued sharing. You rock. Peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Is A Grateful Day....Thanks Again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude. You just made my week!! Thanks for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the great tunes, especially enjoy the Chris Robinson Brotherhood.
    I came for the PHISH. and stayed for all the other treats.
    Keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YASSSSSS.
    i celebrate your entire catalog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are awesome - thank you for everything, especially sticking with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Bro. Glad it's all working out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic news
    This has really made my day
    Only problem is getting the time to listen to all of it !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was so scared that you actually were going to be closing up shop; this bog has given me so much music, and expanded my horizons so much, I don't know how it could even be possible after all this time to repay you in an equal amount to the impact you've made on me and my taste in music :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooo, the power of collective positive good vibes...
    ...think we can harness this and use it on our respective political (cough) leaders?
    Very good to have you return... but will you manage without your 2 months on a beach?
    All the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Shit I forgot about my beach time. Gonna have to rethink this ;)

      Delete
  12. Jooge,

    You've done so much for all of us by sharing the tunes, your vibe, and your spirit. The hard work you put forth to share the love and light that the music brings is very much appreciated and a debt that would be incredibly difficult to repay by all of us. Despite that, it is with my deepest sincerity, gratitude, and appreciation that I say "thank you." Thank you for sharing the groove for SO long. You've brought a lot of happiness and joy to this community and I hope it makes its way back to you tenfold.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful news. THANK YOU! - @absurdhuman

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! This is great news. I can continue to start my mornings by seeing what new treats you have provided. Always a delicious breakfast! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you're back/never had to leave. Your work is appreciated. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You just made my day!! Incredibly happy to still have you here - thanks a TON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just came back to the site to bid it adieu and wow, what a gift. So glad that it will keep on keeping on. Jooge you are most definitely THE MAN! Thanks again for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yesssssssssss!!!!!!! So glad to hear, literally! Best site on the net pushing on!!
    We all love this wonderful space...it would be nice if more people showed that appreciation. A simple thank you before downloading goes a long way. Show plenty of love to our upload king :)

    Thank you once again

    ReplyDelete
  19. great news! please keep this site up.. i frequent it all the time. looking forward to upcoming Dead releases and maybe even the zappa halloween 77 boxset? signed - a fan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey, very happy to hear the good news. I frequent this site and often do not comment. I love all the Twiddle and so much more. Thank you for all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's excellent news! Been following you since 2014 downloading Phish and other stuff. Thanks for doing this beautiful work sharing great music with us. Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You DA Man Jooge! Thanks for everything you are doing to keep the Jam scene alive and well. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think what you are doing is awesome and I hope every respects your simple requests in order to keep the music flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. If you want to get him a thank you gift I hear Jooge likes jam filled doughnuts (sprinkled covered is his second fav).

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have been monstrously generous of your time which I applause hugely.THANKS A TON. PEACE

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for what you do and have done for all of us. YOU ARE AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks so much bro, you are truly an amazing person to offer up so much for so many, one million thanks isn't enough!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you so much for taking the time to do what you do. I no longer have access or the time to search for the music I love and you always have it posted up right here. You essentially help fuel feed and fuel the soundtrack to many of our lives so thanks much love!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks a lot buddy! <3 We need you!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yes thank you! And more Spafford already! This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You kill it! That person is a dick. Doesn't deserve all the magic you produce!
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  32. On a whim I decide to check the site just to see if its still up. What do I find???? New posts!!! Thanks for keeping the site up and running!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is an amazing site, for the selection alone. You have definitely opened my mind to new music!

    ReplyDelete
  34. You want comments, here it is: I'm French, I love Phish, but by my very Frenchitude I've never seen them live. Thanks to you I can follow their touring without spending a nickel, which I don't have. So thank you very, very much.

    Also, you made me discover many other great jambands. Thank you for that.

    I host a show on progressive rock (and associated stuff) on a local radio, and a lot of what I play on air comes from here. So, again, thank you very, very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I wasn't fishing or wanting to guilt people into leaving comments, but thanks :)

      That's great you use slot of what I post here non your radio show. Thanks for spreading this music overseas.

      I have some Russian friends that are doing a similar thing in Russia.

      Do you have a link do I can checkout your radio show?

      Delete
    2. I did feel a bit guilty but it's for a good cause :)

      The show has a website at http://antepunk.toile-libre.org/

      The podcasts are down for the moment, but I'll fix that in a few days, in case you want your weekly dose of prog :)

      Delete
    3. Sweet thanks. I check it out :)

      Delete
  35. Amazing news on a Friday morning. Can't say thanks enough, Jooge.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Homer Simpson said it best 'WOO HOO'!! Thank you for all you've done. I hope the magic continues!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Just randomly checked back today and he’s back!! Oh happy day!! Thanks for all you do. Keep the GSBG coming please n

    ReplyDelete
  38. friggin awesome! Sir.... this is certainly good news. thank you so much for not leaving, your the best sir

    ReplyDelete
  39. once you go Jooge your ears start to splooge

    ReplyDelete